The Events Industry Forum invites applications for grants for projects that will benefit the events industry.
The Forum, which brings together 26 trade bodies and similar organisations from across the event industry, has funding available to support projects that will be of general benefit to the outdoor sector.
Since taking over publication of The Purple Guide from the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) two years ago, the Forum has already provided over £76,000 in grants and support for projects to help the sector. It has also made a commitment to provide £5000 per annum to support event students attend industry conventions and a further £5000 to support mental health in the industry.
The Forum is committed to using funds raised from sales of the Guide to support projects that will have a wide benefit to the events industry.
Grant applications must be able to demonstrate a purpose that will benefit and support the interests of the outdoor events industry, be it the whole or any part of it.
- At least 20% of grant funds will be withheld until EIF receives a full report of the completed project.
- Grant recipients must issue press releases both before and after the project, recognising EIF’s funding support. Press releases must be approved by EIF before being issued.
- Any publication, report or marketing material produced referring to the project must acknowledge EIF’s funding support.
How to Apply
Applications for grants should be in writing and should include:
- The title of the project and a short description of it
- Details of the amount of funding being sought and specifically how it will be used
- Details of the overall project budget
- An explanation of how this project will benefit the events industry
- Timescales for delivery
- Applications must be supported by a copy of the constitution of the organisation applying plus their charity or company registration (if applicable)
- Individual applicants must provide appropriate references from the industry if the above do not apply.
- Contact details for further information
The Forum considers grant applications twice a year.
DEADLINES FOR APPLICATIONS
EIF Decision Process
Applications for grants will be considered at a meeting of the EIF Directors twice a year and applicants will be notified of the outcome at least two weeks after each meeting together, where possible, with their reasoning.
Grants so far made include:
- Bursaries for four event students to attend the Association of Festival Organisers’ conference (£2000)
- Penny Mellor for development of the Event Welfare Guide – now published alongside the Purple Guide (£2000)
- Powerful Thinking for research to support the publication of a second edition of their event energy management guide (£2400)
- Bournemouth University for research to support the case for events to be included in the remit for the Creative Industries Council (£4000)
- The British Pyrotechnic Association research into the reliability of igniters (£1,500)
- Research into the outdoor events industry (£65,000)